In this recipe the Pork Belly is first deep fried and afterwards cooked in a rich Tea sauce. To die for.
It was one of our dishes from today’s cooking date and I swear I still can taste it!
Forget the calories and the cholesterol for a day and dive into this moist unctuous sticky and decadent dish.
For the Pork
- 1Kg Pork Belly cut into pieces
- Oil to Deep Fry
For the Marinade
- 8 Cloves of garlic
- 3 Sprigs of spring onion
- 2 Tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Cornflour
- 2 Tablespoons Light Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 500ml water
- 150ml Chinese Tea prepared with Brew Liu-Bao Tea leaf
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
For the Pork
- Mix all ingredients for the marinate together in a large bowl
- Put the Pork in the Marinate and leave it for about 30min
- Heat a sauce pan of oil over medium heat and Deep Fry the pork in batches
- Move the fried pork belly to a dish with paper towel
For the Sauce
- Mix all the Sauce ingredients in a large sauce pan and bring it to boil over high heat
- Add the Pork to the Sauce, reduce to low heat and let it simmer cooking for 1 1/2 – 2 hours until pork belly is soft but still holding shape and the Sauce is thick.