This Banana Bread is so easy to make and so good! It is a recipe of a mother of a very good friend of mine that was a woman ahead of her time, an excellent golfer, a world explorer and an awesome cook that actually was lucky enough to do some culinary training at Cordon Bleu.
I never managed to serve this Banana Bread completely cool, it always ends up being eaten while still warm.
As an image worth more than 1000 words, here was today’s Banana Bread life cycle at home – I went to the kitchen after some serviettes and when I came back all I manage to eat was that small piece on the left in the second photo! Best Compliment for a Cook 😉
Author: Mrs Garland
Rate the Recipe:
- 142g self raising flour plus some to prepare the tin
- 142g caster sugar
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 57g butter at room temperature plus some to grease
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Icing sugar and Cinammon to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Grease a bread loaf tin and sprinkle some flour on it.
- Put egg, banana, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt into a blender or food processor and blend on max speed for 1 min.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate soda and fold into mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Cool in the tin for some minutes and turn onto a wire rack.
- Decorate with Icing sugar and cinnamon.