Talking again about Gifts-in-a-jar, this one is a Siemsen’s family Christmas tradition: Special meat spice rub.
Lisa has been making this versatile spice blend for over ten years! She bottles it up and gives them as presents to her kids teachers and friends as holiday gifts.
The recipe came from The Complete Meat Cookbook (Bruce Aidells and Denis Kelly) and according to the author it is perfect material for Spare Ribs.
It is great when used with Pork, Chicken or Beef and lately I have been even using it to give a special twist to my fried rice.
Sprinkle some of the rub on the meat, let the it marinating for a couple of hours at room temperature and cook the meat to your liking.
- 2 Tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 Tablespoons chile powder
- 1-2 Teaspoons cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 Teaspoon ground sage
- 1 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Store it in a tightly sealed jar