Pears are definitely in season here at The Untamed Cook. Here is what was done with the Pears leftovers from yesterday dessert!
Super easy and great posh nibble for that “girls night in” or simply for the Friday happy hour.
The recipe have a couple of noble ingredients: Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Dolce
Gorgonzola Dolce or Dolcelatte is a milder version of Gorgonzola but it still can be too overpowering to some people, if that is your case you can replace the Gorgonzola Dolce for another blue cheese of your choice or just whisk one part of the cheese with one part of cream until you have a firm paste.
Devour with a glass of Cabernet Franc 🙂 Cheers!
Author: Rachel Elich Rate the Recipe:
- 1 large Bosc Pear, cored, peeled and diced
- 3-4 Slices of white bread
- Half cup Gorgonzola Dolce
- 4 Slices Prosciutto
- 1/4 Cup roughly chopped Pecan
- 1 Teaspoon Brandy
- A Pinch of sugar
- Few Sprigs of Thyme to garnish
- black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Put the Pears in a baking tray lined with foil, add the brandy and mix up with your hands to coat it well.
- Sprinkle some sugar over the Pears.
- Bake it for about 20 min until it is lightly golden
- With a Round biscuit cutter, cut the bread in circles with about 4cm diameter
- Put in another baking tray and if possible, bake it at the same time you are baking the Pears, for 15-20 until golden brown.
- Cut the Prosciutto slices in circles a bit smaller than the bread, one for each canapé – it is easier if you use scissors.
- Assemble: one slice of prosciutto, share the Gorgonzola Dolce among the canapés, top with pears and garnish with one piece of chopped Pecan and Thyme.