This salad is absolutely delightful. Great side dish but filling enough to be eaten as a light healthy lunch.
If you want it in a lighter version you can skip the olive oil step but be aware that toasting the quinoa in olive oil before cooking it makes it extra tasty.
It works better with green apples and I love having it with some fresh flat bread and a beautiful glass of Rose.
Author: Rachel Elich
Rate the Recipe:
- ½ Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Cup of Quinoa
- 700g Sweet Potatoes thinly Sliced and cut in half
- 2 Apples cut into small cubes
- ½ Cup of Parsley thinly chopped
- ½ Medium red onion thinly sliced
4 Cups of baby greens of your liking
- 3 Cups of good quality and salt reduced Vegetable Stock
- 1 Pinch of Sugar
- Salt, Fresh ground pepper and Lemon Juice to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 200C.
- In a large sauce-pan, heat half of the olive oil.
- Add the quinoa and toast over moderate heat stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring it to boil.
- Cover and simmer the quinoa until cooked but not way to soft (about 15 min).
- Put in a large bowl and set aside to cool.
Cut the Sweet potato in thin slices
- Line a baking tray with foil and grease it with some olive oil
- Arrange the Sweet Potatoes and Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and sugar
- Bake the sweet Potatoes until it starts to be crispy. Set them aside to cool down.
- Toss the Sweet potatoes, the Apples, the Greens, the parsley and onions to the Quinoa Bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the olive oil, add salt, pepper and lemon to your liking and serve right away.