Not exactly my best dinner photo but this recipe is worthy to be posted anyway.
I do make this recipe at list once a month. The flavor combination is absolutely lovely.
Its a quick and easy dinner option, perfect for weekdays or just as a Lazy Sunday Roast (like today).
Add a fresh green salad as a side and you won’t need anything more.
You can use a smaller cut of Lamb and reduce the cooking time. In this case, allow the garlic and Feta roasting for a little more time – you can do that while the Lamb rests.
Make sure the meat is at room temperature before preparing it.
- 1 Small boned leg lamb (around 1Kg) trimmed
- 2 Heads of Garlic, cloves separated, skin on + 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Olive Oil to Drizzle
- About 300g Firm Feta Cheese thickly sliced
- About 300g Fresh and firm cherry tomatoes
- About three sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- Kosher Salt or any other grainy salt and freshly ground Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (350F)
- Drizzle a large baking dish with olive oil
- Scatter the the Feta, the cherry and the garlic around the baking dish
- Spread the leafs of two of the rosemary sprigs over the ingredients and drizzle some olive oil
- Add a Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Put the baking dish in the oven
- Crush one clove of garlic
- Season the Lamb with the crushed garlic, kosher salt and Black Pepper
- Heat up one tablespoon of oil in a skillet over high heat, when the skillet is very hot, put the Lamb and the leaves of one sprig of Rosemary in the skillet.
- Seal the meat both sides, about 2 minutes each side to give some color.
- Take the Baking Dish out of the oven, nest the lamb in the middle of it with the other ingredients.
- Roast for about 20min or to your liking – If you have a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should be for a medium rare 54C(130F). Let the Lamb rest covered with foil and brushed with the pan juices for about 15 min before cutting it – during this time it will still be cooking so if you like the meat a bit more rare you should take it out of the oven at 51C (125F). Refer to the cooking x temperature chart in the Resources option of this blog for more information.
- If you want the Feta, garlic and tomatoes a bit more roasted you can leave them in the oven while you rest the meat.