Everybody loves a family recipe right?
One of these days a good friend of mine was telling me that he had grown up eating Coconut Bread, that his mother used to bake it all the time. A few days later he manage to get the recipe from his mother and today I finally found the time to bake it.
It’s one of those old school recipes: easy, very few ingredients and no need for kitchen gadgets. Believe me or not, these beauties have just 4 ingredients and it took me 5 min to make it.
Only adjustment I made from the original recipe was to transform the quantities to cups. It is quite a firm and lumpy batter because of the large amount of coconut and I thought that it would not work but they turned out lovely – Expect moist and firm sweet coconut buns, a treat to be eaten with a nice cup of tea.
- 2 3/4 Cups Desiccated Coconut plus some to sprinkle
- 3/4 Cups Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (350F)
- Prepare a muffin with paper cases
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl
- Spoon two tablespoons of mixture into the paper cases
- Sprinkle some coconut on the top
- Bake for about 30 min until lightly golden
Larry Noak Baked the Coconut Bread and it looks fantastic!! (Thank you for sharing)